Craving for long straight tresses? You can get it in a jiffy using the flat iron. To protect your hair from the damage it is recommended to use the flat irons made from ceramic. You can even use the professional ceramic flat iron as well, which produces the infrared heat and negative ions for sealing in the moisture as you straighten the hair. With the use of proper styling, straightening techniques, and hair treatments you can protect your tresses from heat and keep it straight all day long. Here are steps to follow to get perfectly straight hair.
# 1. Prepping Hair for the Heat Treatment
- Apply Shampoo and Conditioner: The first step to straightening your hair is applying a 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioner that is enriched with straightening or moisturizing ingredients. You can use the Alberto VO5, 2 in, 1 Moisturizing Shampoo + Conditioner which is infused with five vitamins, such as Vitamin B3, Vitamin B5, Vitamin H, Vitamin C and Vitamin E.
- Pat Dry Gently: After washing towel dry your hair gently without ruffling it to avoid excess frizz after showering.
- Apply Heat Protection Serum: Apply the heat treatment while your hair is wet for easy spreading of the serum without creating any clumps. After application of the serum use a wide-toothed comb for spreading it gently all over it. It is best to use a product infused with Moroccan oil that can keep your hair straight all day long. Try the Moroccan oil Treatment Light. It is a versatile product that will protect your hair from the harmful effects of chemicals and heat. It is enriched with Moroccan oil, vitamins, proteins and argon oil that nourishes your hair and helps it to keep it straight, manageable and healthy all day.
- Blow-Dry Hair: It is recommended to dry your hair with a blower before straightening it to avoid breaking off hair due to heat shock.
# 2. Straightening Your Hair with a Flat Iron:
- Plug In The Flat Iron And Switch It On: Adjust the heat level according to your preference. Frizzy and thick hair needs a higher heat setting compared to thin and brittle hair.
- Separate Your Hair in Sections: To make the process of straightening your hair easier and faster divide your hair into several sections of 1-2 inches thick each and clip it with the lobster clips. Next, pull out the flat iron through each of the sections of hair slowly. Begin by pinning up all the sections of hair behind the shoulders or on the top of the head. Next, take each of the sections of hair at the front of the shoulder for straightening it. Begin from the under layers and work your way outwards to the outermost layer of hair.
- Place The Flat Iron Blades Close To The Hair Roots: To get the best results begin straightening your hair about 1 inch from the scalp.
- Clamp Your Flat Iron Downwards: Make sure you do not clamp your hair too firmly as this can create a ridge on the topmost part of your hair where you begin straightening. Avoid holding the iron at the same place for too long to avoid ridge formation.
- Run the Hair-Straightener Over Hair Sections Several Times: Depending on your hair thickness you have to use the iron blades once or multiple times. Carefully look at your hair from all the angles to ensure there are no kinks. Once you are done, run the boar of a bristle brush through the strands. Apply setting spray to keep your hair straight.
With the hair-straightening tips get the perfectly straightened gorgeous tresses you have long been waiting for.